Social SciencesUp one level
Online Resources Specific to the Social Sciences
- DARE Database
- "... provides access to world wide information (around 10,000 references) on social science, peace, and human rights research and training institutes, social science specialists, and social science periodicals. Users may search the database by type of record, institution name, country name, personal name, subjects taught, working language, periodical title, nationality, ISSN, or keywords."
- H-Net: Humanities and Social Sciences Online
- Human Mortality Database
- A free database that requires registration to gain access to "...original calculations of death rates and life tables for national populations, as well as the raw data used in constructing those tables. The raw data consist of death counts from vital statistics, plus census counts, birth counts, and population estimates from various sources."
- Social Sciences in Forestry
- The University of Minnesota's Forestry library provides this database which indexes, "...publications in 41 subject areas relating the social sciences to forestry. Among them are: legislation, policy and planning, management, economic development, investment and finance..."