Natural ScienceUp one level
Online Resources Specific to Natural Science
- AGI GIS Dictionary
- From the Association for Geographic Information and the University Of Edinburgh Department of Geography, this dictionary contains,"...definitions for 980 terms compiled from a variety of sources which either relate directly to GIS or which GIS users may come across in the course of their work. The dictionary is also supplemented by 52 diagrams."
- BIFLORA database of plants
- "BIFLORA is a scientific database with information about the highly endangered plant species of the island of Hainan, P.R. China, first."
- BioTech: Life Sciences Resources and Reference Tools
- This resource from the University of Texas in Austin includes a life sciences dictionary, database of chemical acronyms, annotated lists of web sites as well as professional resources and a virtual text book supplement.
- Dictionary of Abbreviations and Acronyms in Geographic Information Systems, Cartography, and Remote Sensing
- "This dictionary decodes abbreviations and acronyms found in various publications including maps and websites. These abbreviations or acronyms, therefore, are not necessarily authoritative or standardized in format or content."
- Earth Trends: The Environmental Information Portal
- "EarthTrends offers the public a large breadth of statistical, graphic, and analytical data..." on "...the environmental, social, and economic trends that shape our world."
- NIST Physical Reference Data
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) site with reference material for physicists.