HistoryUp one level
Online Resources Specific to History
- DPLS Archive: Slave Movement During the 18th and 19th Centuries
- "This site provides access to the raw data and documentation which contains information on the following slave trade topics from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries: records of slave ship movement between Africa and the Americas, slave ships of eighteenth century France, slave trade to Rio de Janeiro, Virginia slave trade in the eighteenth century, English slave trade (House of Lords Survey), Angola slave trade in the eighteenth century, internal slave trade to Rio de Janeiro, slave trade to Havana, Cuba, Nantes slave trade in the eighteenth century, and slave trade to Jamaica."
- Encyclopedia of Television
- "The Encyclopedia of Television includes more than 1,000 original essays from more than 250 contributors and examines specific programs and people, historic moments and trends, major policy disputes and such topics as violence, tabloid television and the quiz show scandal. It also includes histories of major television networks as well as broadcasting systems around the world and is complemented by resource materials, photos and bibliographical information."
- Internet History Sourcebooks Project
- "The Internet History Sourcebooks are collections of public domain and copy-permitted historical texts presented cleanly (without advertising or excessive layout) for educational use." The page is maintained by Dr. Paul Hartsell at Fordham University, New York.
- ORB: The Online Reference Book for Medieval Studies
- "The ORB is an academic site, written and maintained by medieval scholars for the benefit of their fellow instructors and serious students. All articles have been judged by at least two peer reviewers. Authors are held to high standards of accuracy, currency, and relevance to the field of medieval studies."
- The Victorian Web
- Resources on literature, history and culture in the Victorian time created by George P. Landow of Brown University and maintained by the University Scholars Program at the National University of Singapore.